We, CPL One Group, are committed to upholding the human rights of all those who work with us and for us and comply with international conventions regarding human rights and enforced or child labour.
What it means:
Basic human rights, as defined by the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, include the right to life, liberty and security; equal rights regardless of gender; the right to protection under the law from discrimination, slavery, torture, or inhumane or degrading treatment; and freedom of speech, thought, conscience and religion.
- Create safe working environments for all, meeting at least applicable government requirements, and relevant regulations and laws
- Uphold the principles defined by the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Follow the labour laws of the countries in which we operate and protect the rights of all workers, including migrant workers
- Comply with minimum wage and minimum age requirements
- Adhere to regulations regarding maximum working hours
- Listen when legitimate concerns are raised and whenever possible take appropriate action to address them
- Encourage employees to become involved in improving team performance
- Ensure adequate welfare facilities are available, meeting at least applicable government requirements, relevant regulations and laws
- Exploit anyone
- Allow anyone to be exploited in our name
- Knowingly acquire products or services from any individual, or organisation that does not support basic human rights or adhere to our own codes of conduct or standards for our employees
- Influence an employee’s decision to join or not to join a trade union