CPL is an award-winning content marketing agency. We specialise in creating content, publishing, media sales and marketing for businesses and membership bodies.
Our client list of leading membership, professional and trade organisations, includes the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), British Psychological Society and the Camping and Caravanning Club. Our corporate clients include the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), Darley/Godolphin, the global thoroughbred stud and racing operations owned by HH Sheikh Mohammed, ruler of Dubai, Bourn Hall and Lendlease.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our business development sales team.
This will include actively searching for new business and building a prospect pipeline. You will be speaking to potential clients over the phone – and, when Covid-19 restrictions allow, face to face – to gain an understanding of their business objectives and to create compelling solutions.
You will need to be a highly motivated individual who is prepared to put in the work involved in building your own new contacts and client database.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle different systems, be computer literate, have good verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate an ability to manage your time effectively.
You will be responsible for helping identify and secure new work. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Cold call business leads, build and nurture positive relationships with prospective clients
- Maintain consistent contact with existing contacts
- Identify, create and maintain a database of key contacts
- Manage sales pipeline
- Provide ongoing reports on all activities on a regular basis
- Handle and respond to web/phone and email based enquiries, either individually or with other colleagues in order to successfully land projects within the defined target areas
- Carry out research to support the identification of new lead opportunities. Deliver market intelligence that will help identify and shape the development for new business projects
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree 3+ years in sales industry
- Experience in full sales cycle including deal closing
- Demonstrated sales success
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- CRM experience is preferred
You will be optimistic, enthusiastic, professional, energetic and talkative. Our selling style is consultative, not aggressive, so you must be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and communication skills, have a positive and adaptable attitude, and be looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to develop your career.
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT
- Competitive salary with commission
- 28 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Relaxed, friendly team: free fruit; games room; regular social events
- Long-service bonus
- Subsidised parking
CPL is an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re interested, or would like to discuss the role, please get in touch: email@example.com